- Sap Gui 7.40 Download For Mac
- Sap Gui 7.40 Free Download For Mac
- Sap Gui 7.5 Download For Mac
- Sap Logon 740 Download Mac
There is no SAP MAC OS or SAP Linux native version existing, but there is a good way to install SAP GUI for MAC OS or Linux using the SAP JAVA GUI, which will work on MAC OS as the SAP GUI version. Start by the SAP GUI MAC OS X download called the SAP JAVA GUI, which you can get as one of the SAP online system available.
7.60 / February 25, 2019; 2 years ago
|Written in||C, C++|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Java Virtual Machine|
SAP GUI is the graphical user interface client in SAP ERP's 3-tier architecture of database, application server and client. It is software that runs on a Microsoft Windows, Apple Macintosh or Unixdesktop, and allows a user to access SAP functionality in SAP applications such as SAP ERP and SAP Business Information Warehouse (BW). It is used for remote access to the SAP central server in a company network.
- SAP GUI for the Windows environment and Apple Macintosh
- SAP GUI for the Java(TM) environment
- SAP GUI for HTML / Internet Transaction Server (ITS)
- Requires Internet Explorer or Firefox as a browser; other browsers are not officially supported by SAP.
Microsoft Windows releases
|Release||Release date||Latest patch||End of life||Features|
|1.0||First 'GUI' for SAP software; no graphical elements like checkboxes, radiobuttons and icons|
|1.1||Field length indicated by background colors; fast paths in menus|
|2.0||New GUI for Windows 3.1; System and Application Toolbar added; icons in System Toolbar|
|2.1||New graphical elements: checkboxes, radiobuttons, group boxes and push buttons on screen|
|3.0||Table control introduced; icons added to buttons|
|3.1||1996||Windows95-look with flat buttons; tabstrip control and ABAP List Viewer (ALV) introduced|
|4.0||Screens contain more information to reduce navigation|
|4.5||Active X elements introduced; ALV is now based on grid control|
|4.6D||July 2000||GUI is re-designed; multiple-areas are introduced to reduce need for screen changes|
|6.20||March 2002||December 31, 2010|
|6.40||June 2004||December 31, 2010||Unicode support extended; accessibility and usability improved|
|7.10||February 2007||April 12, 2011||Support for Microsoft Vista and Office 2007; new 'Tweak SAP GUI' tool; new ABAP front-end editor|
|7.20||April 2010||17 (final)||April 09, 2013||Support for Windows XP; Windows 2003 Server; Windows Vista; Windows 2008 Server; Windows 7 and Office 2010; Built with Visual Studio 2008|
|7.30||June 2012||15||July 15, 2015||Usability enhancements; new customization features; built with Visual Studio 2010|
|7.40||October 2014||19||November 9, 2019||Replaces Corbu with Blue Crystal; integrates SAP GUI for Windows 7.40 and Netweaver Business Client 5.0|
|7.50||May 2017||15 (final)||April 9, 2019|
|7.60||February 2019||9 HF1||April 12, 2022||Introduces Belize theme, aligning GUI's visual design with the rest of SAP's Fiori applications. Retires Enjoy / Streamline / Tradeshow / SystemDependent themes.|
|7.70||Januar 29, 2021||0||April 09, 2024|
Java releases – for other operating systems
|Release||Release date||Latest patch||End of life||Features|
|7.20||December 2009||10||January 31, 2013||Supported OS – openSUSE, Fedora Core, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, AIX, OS X Lion, Fedora, Ubuntu|
|7.30||December 2012||10||March 31, 2015|
|7.40||December 2014||13||March 31, 2018|
SAP GUI on Microsoft Windows or Internet Explorer can also be used for single sign-on. There are several portal-based authentication applications for single sign-on. SAP GUI can have single sign-on with SAP Logon Ticket as well. Single sign-on also works in the Java GUI.
Sap Gui 7.40 Download For Mac
Criticism of using SAP GUI for authentication to SAP server access
SAP is a distributed application, where client software (SAP GUI) installed on a user's workstation is used to access the central SAP server remotely over the company's network. Users need to authenticate themselves when accessing SAP. By default, however, SAP uses unencrypted communication, which allows potential company-internal attackers to get access to usernames and passwords by listening on the network. This can expose the complete SAP system, if a person is able to get access to this information for a user with extended authorization in the SAP system. Information about this feature is publicly accessible on the Internet.
SAP Secure Network Communications
Sap Gui 7.40 Free Download For Mac
SAP offers an option to strongly protect communication between clients and servers, called Secure Network Communications (SNC).
In total, the vendor has released 25 security patches (aka SAP Security Notes). One of the most notorious vulnerabilities was closed among the set of fixes released in March 2017. The vulnerability in the SAP GUI client for Windows allows remote code execution. Also, researchers who identified the security issues pointed out that the vulnerability allows an attacker to download ransomware on the SAP server that would be automatically installed on every workstation within a company.
Screen editing with Personas
Since 1998 SAP GUI screens (so-called 'DynPros') can be adjusted and customized with GuiXT. Now this can also be achieved with 'SAP Screen Personas'. Personas is installed on one of the SAP NetWeaver ABAP 7.0x or 7.3x servers in the system landscape. Then it can be used on all SAP NetWeaver ABAP servers with a kernel of 7.21 or higher, including on NetWeaver ABAP 7.11 systems (on which Personas cannot be installed directly).
Sap Gui 7.5 Download For Mac
iOS and Android implementations
Native iOS and Android implementations of SAP GUI are available from GuiXT.
Sap Logon 740 Download Mac
- ^'SAP GUI for Windows: Updated lifecycle information'. Retrieved November 2, 2020.
- ^'Lifetime and Support Matrix for SAP GUI for Windows'. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- ^'Supported SAP GUI platforms'. April 25, 2018. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- ^'SAP GUI Family - Additional Topics - Community Wiki'. wiki.scn.sap.com. Retrieved February 11, 2020.
- ^'Single Sign-on for SAP Java GUI'. January 10, 2009. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- ^'Secure Network Communications (SNC)'. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- ^Michael Mimoso (March 22, 2017). 'SAP Vulnerability Puts Business Data at Risk for Thousands of Companies'. Threatpost The first stop for security news. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- ^'Can SAP Be Affected By Ransomware? SAP Cyber Security Solutions'. erpscan.com. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- SAP Support Portal (User-ID required).
- SAP GUI history. SAP User Experience Community.
- SAP GUI Community with discussions (forums), a blog, documents and more.
- SAP Netweaver Capabilities - User Interface Technology with discussions (forums), a blog, documents and more.